I've been a little behind in my blogging lately so here's what we've been up to....
A few month ago I introduced my girls to this book, an all time favorite of mine. Feelings of nostalgia flood back to me as I read (we have to at least twice a day) this book to them. Imagine my excitement when I heard that it was going to be made into a movie. The girls and I loved it (probably me more than them). Also the soundtrack is great, so great the girls decided to dance in the isles during the end credits.
John and I have been discovering new little gems all over Pocatello. Our new favorite spot is The Vinyl Perk. A locally owned coffee house which also sells old records. On Friday night they alway have live music. Read more HERE
Ashlyn's school is having a "Chair"- ity auction on November 7th. There will be 20 themed chairs with fantastic items from local businesses and organizations. It will be held at the Juniper Hills Country Club, dinner will be served at 5 with a live auction at 7. Tickets are $15. If you are interested, please please please let me know. Also we are in love with the Cre-Act (creative acting) method. Ashlyn loves her new teacher and I am finding that her vocabulary is expanding by leap and bounds. Today she told me all about France, Denmark and Canada without skipping a beat. This girl just keeps surprising me. She is the perfect model of early intervention! Also Ashlyn will be participating in a study on campus which involves listening therapy, something I've always been curious about. I'm excited to see what happens!
Adrianna was asked to be the peer model at the speech pre-school at ISU. She goes three days a week and even has her auntie Ashley as a teacher. She makes me laugh when she says "Mommy am I going to help the kids say their words today?"
Math SUCKS still, ok I swear that will be the last time I complain! I do enjoy my other classes, even after playing catch up after a week of having the no good miserable flu! Somehow it skipped over John, that man has an immune system of steel.Oh yeah and I'm starting Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet next week, I'm sick of being so sluggish all the time.. wish me luck.

1 comments:
Fun for Adrianna to get to go to preschool too. I bet she feels so grown up! Good luck finishing up this semester!
Post a Comment