Monday, April 7, 2008

The Bull Sale

Every year in April (during conference weekend) The Perkes Family gets together for the Bull Sale. John's Grandfather owns Perkes Hereford Ranch is Star Valley, Wyoming. Every year we all meet for the sale of the Herefords. It has been tradition for many years. It's kinda a big deal. It's like Christmas for the Perkes'. It's really neat to watch the auctioneer do his thing! Ashlyn was upset because I wouldn't let her near the gate to ride the "cow". Adrianna also felt the need to run up to the gate to pet the "cow".
John and I enjoying the bull sale lunch.
Ashlyn had a lot of fun exploring and playing with her cousins.
Adrianna wore her pink cowboy boot for the occasion. She too had fun running around and getting dirty!
The kids met a new friend while we were there. Ashlyn now wants a puppy!
After the bull sale we all gather at Dana's Place (a reception center) to eat dinner and celebrate all the children's birthday. This year John's cousin's husband brought his DJ equipment. We all enjoyed our self. Grandpa Perkes proved to be quiet the dancer! Also I amazed everyone with my hidden talent for the limbo (bet you didn't know that about me). All in all we had a fun time and look forward to next year!

3 comments:

jessica said...

I was so hoping there would be pictures - thanks!!! Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you were in Alpine too, that's funny! Too bad we couldn't have stopped by to witness the auction or something, that would have been fun.

Andrea said...

looks like a ton of fun, but the Perkes are always a ton of fun! One year we should buy a cow and split it in our freezers...yummmy food storage:)