Ashlyn lives in Wonderland. Ever since Friday. After taking the girls I realized that daughter number one's imagination is quite similar to this whimsical world. She is a unique child with very unique stories. One recent conversation......
Me: Ashlyn how did you get that bruise on your leg?
Ashlyn: Well I was riding in my grandma's car and I saw three bunny rabbits hopping along. One was green and two were pink. Then they disappeared. Grandma stopped the car and I jumped out, then an alien popped out of Grandma's car a hit me on the leg. Then he went back to his space ship and flew away.
Ashlyn has always learned through music and drama. This past year at the Cre-Act school has done wonders for her vocabulary, artistic ability and independence. After 34 years the doors of this wonderful school are closing. I am upset but have come to terms. Ashlyn cried a little when I told her the news, then she looked at me and said "Mommy I don't want to grow up anymore." Break my heart, but secretly I don't want her to grow up either.
My talented friend Lauren did a report on the closing of this local school... CRE-ACT
On a happier note I recently purchased this beauty. Can't wait to hit the road!!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Wonderland, School Blues and A Hybrid
Posted by Kellie at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh Ashlyn! What a dear soul she is. How sad that her wonderful school is closing. I know it was such a great match for her. Hopefully you guys can find something comparable for her next year.
Post a Comment