Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Colorful language



This evening while gathered around the Christmas tree I noticed a unique little yellow ornament. When taking a closer look I realized it was a paper cut out of an ornament that said, Ashlyn went to speech today, 2008. Back when Ashlyn attended the Lincoln Early Childhood Center she regularly brought home cute paper cut outs that notified us she was receiving speech therapy. Out of the bazillion cut outs she kept this particular one, she wanted to save it for our Christmas tree. And save she did. Last year I remember her trying so hard to describe why she wanted to keep it. "Mom, um this is to put on a tree."

And this year....................

"Mom do you love my nice little ornament, It is a pretty mustard yellow color. I think it looks nice with the green tree."

Thank goodness for mustard yellow!

2 comments:

L.J. said...

yes, thank goodness! :)

Suzanne said...

Kellie - Your girls are so cute! I check in every once and awhile to see how they are growing.

I sent a Christmas card to your parents this year, but it came back -- wrong address, I guess. Could you go to my blog and send me an email with their correct address? My email is on my sidebar. Thanks so much! - Suzanne
justanotherhangup.blogspot.com