As I reflect upon my 27 years on this earth, I felt compelled to share the simple life lessons I have learned through the years:
1. Families are forever and will always be the most important thing in my life.
2. God is real!
3. If it wasn't for the atonement, I wouldn't be where I'm at today.
4. The best thing to do when times get rough is to go to work helping others.
5. Complaining about your situations leads no where and can often prove that a person is selfish (A difficult thing I have had to face about my self).
6. You can't just wait around expecting for your perfect life to begin, you have to work for it (A lesson that my husband has taught me).
7. Put yourself out there, break the comfort barrier. A wonderful friendship might be waiting around the corner.
8. Those who truly love you will forgive you and help you through your addictions.
9. True love does exists!
10. Children are the most wonderful blessing, being a mother is more wonderful than anything I could have imagined.
11. Kids always give you a perfectly good excuse to act like a goofball, so do best friends.
12. Knowledge is power and more valuable than money.
13. Don't ever expect anything from anyone, that way you're constantly surprised.
14. Give with all your heart, mind and strength!
15. It's ok to be a little eccentric.
16. Don't worry what other people think (It sounds so simple but it has taken me a long time to be ok with this).
17. Always eat a good breakfast, thanks mom!
18. Dance like no one is watching, very very therapeutic.
19. Looks never matter, love your body. That means nourish it don't STARVE it!
20. As I get older, I see the valuable wisdom of my elders.
21. Live your life the way you want your children to live theirs, don't be a hypocrite.
22. No T.V. show compares with getting lost in a good book.
23. One of my favorite quotes is "The test of courage comes when we are in the minority, the test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority." Have the courage to stand for something and in doing so accept others opinions and ideas. Remember we are all brothers and sisters.
24. Talking bad about someone will inevitably come back to bite you in the bum!
25. The small and simple things are what make life GRAND.
26. We all are talented in one way or another.
27. Chocolate is divine!
3 comments:
You as such an awesome person Kellie! Happpy belated birthday. I hope you had a great one!
Happy Birthday!!!
I enjoyed this post! They are things we know in the back of our head, but it makes you think more when it's listed out. Thanks! :)
Post a Comment