Friday, September 26, 2008

Dancing, Mermaid and Dress Up

Today started off as any ordinary busy day when I realized that I didn't have class or any pressing appointments. I decided a well deserved day spent in my jammies was in order. My girls and I danced tell we couldn't dance anymore. We watched the new Little Mermaid movie and loved every minute of it. We played dress up and laughed so hard that now my abs are sore (I need to do this more often)! I miss being a kid! When did I ever get so busy that I forgot how to slow down and enjoy the small and simple things? When did I turn into the paranoid mom that is totally afraid to let her kids get dirty? Well you all are hearing it today, no more. From this point on I am going to let it go. I am going to shake my booty more often, sluff homework time every once and a while, and spend more time playing dress up!



8 comments:

Coonsfamily said...

Well said sister! I'm quitting the constant cleaning of my house. I don't have to vacuum all the time or wipe down the counters constantly. I need to read books to my little one and show her how to have fun!

Unknown said...

Kudos! An awesome plan if I've ever heard one. Might I say one thing - No one can get you to act and feel like a kid as quickly as those little girls of yours. I look forward to babysitting them for that very reason, honestly.

Unknown said...

Such an inspiration! I can't remember the last time i actually got down and played! and talk about a great ab work out!

Andrea said...

Good for you Kellie!!! Life gets so crazy all the time, and especially for you and all your Stuff going on all the time! I love to pretend I am a kid again!

The Peterson's said...

Sounds like fun! Your girls are so adorable and fun. Im sure you three just had a blast. What a great reminder that we all need to play more! :)

Abby Stimpson said...

Amen to that my friend. I don't get to dress up as a mermaid but I do get to be a goblin and pirate on occasion and you are right it rejuvinates the soul to laugh that hard and just let it all go!

The Bergers said...

I couldn't agree more! I find myself putting my kids off until the laundrys done and then its the dishes or always something until i realize they are in bed and i never did what they asked me to do! So thanks for the inspiration! From now on, kids first, chores 2nd!
BTW - i went private so email me kamberberger@msn.com for an invite to log on.

Tiffany said...

You are a super hero mom! Way to dance with your kids!