Saturday, May 31, 2008

Potty Training Nightmares!

So we decided it was about time to start potty training. We found out about the 3 day potty training method and decided to give it a try. Basically it tells you to put your child in underpants and have a ceremonial throwing away of the diapers ( diapers and pull ups are crutches for parents and children) . For the past three days John and I have been following the girls around cleaning up what has felt like 50 gallons of pee. Last night I dreamed that I was drowning in the toilet ( I guess I'm going crazy) Today is the third day and the girls haven't peed once in the potty, neither have they had a BM. I've come to the conclusion that John and I are being trained, not the kids. They are so dang close thought! Maybe I will deal with pull ups and try the method again when both kids take more of an interest, or perhaps I will keep them in diapers until they are 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

jessica said...

It took about a week before Peter stopped having constant accidents - 4 days or so before he even got a drop of pee in the toilet. He actually pooped right in the middle of the living room floor on his first day of potty training. It was definitely frustrating! You know your girls best and I hope for your sake that they get going on the whole potty training bandwagon - it's definitely not easy! Good luck!

Heather said...

Oh goodness you are a nice mom! good luck with the potty training and the dreams!!!

Sarah Stokes said...

Sheeze, drowning in toilets? There has got to be more to life - Hope you start having better luck with your girls. What always works for me, but not to practical to have a life, is letting them run around NAKED - seriously butt naked for a few days.. hope you find something!

Kamber said...

Hehe! I don't mean to laugh, but the way you put it, was pretty funny. They'll come around. Good luck with it though.